WAYS TO MAKE MY MOUTH SHUT:
- – The worst wheel on the cart creaks most.
- – The squeaking wheel does not always get the grease, sometimes it gets replaced.
- – Empty vessels make the most sound.
- – What can you expect from a hog but a grunt.
- – Barking dogs seldom bite. Every ass likes to hear himself bray.
- – Don’t get any verbal diarrhoea.
- – Mind your words before you swallaw them.
- – Better to be sure thsn sorry. Better to slip with the foot than with the tongue.
- – We have been given two eyes, two ears and one mouth.
- – The time to stop talking when the other person nods his head affirmly but says nothing or looks elsewhere.
- – Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody.
- – Action speaks louder than words.
- – Silence is the best weapon; use it.
- – He who talks much ears much.
- – A man of words and not deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
- – The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
- – Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day. Wisdom consists in not exceeding that limit.
- – Visibility without credibility is worthless.
- – Your words have power hence use it discreetly.
- – Remember your first impression is your last impression.
- – It is mark of maturity to withhold your judgement untill all your facts are known
- – Wise people talk of ideas fools talk about people.
- – Talk is cheap because the supply is always greater than the demand.
- – The best listener is the best speaker.
- – If you listen you have the advantage, if you speak others have it.
- – The average individual wants to talk.
- – Know how to listen and you will profit even from those who talk badly.
- – Opinions should be formed with great caution & changed with greater.
- – The misinformed always knows too much. Give thy thoughts no tongue.
- . Become a transition person bitween the past & future/ negative & positive pattern.
- . Speak when you are angry, & you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
- . Avoid unhealthy ‘YES’ undermining ones deep interests.
- . NO is todays biggest challenge.
- . A ‘NO’ uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a ‘YES’ merely uttered to please , or what is worse , to avoid trouble.
- Trails of Introverts:
- . They think before they talk. They focus on depth.
- . They exude calm: low vayed: preparation ??
- . They let fingers do the talking. They embrace solitude.
- Avoid trifle conversation.
- Silence is the most powerful assertion.
- Silence is one great art of conversation.
- I have often regretted my speach but never my silence.
- Silence is the best medicine for overcoming tension.
- Speech is silver, silence is gold.
- Still water runs deep.
- Silence is one of the hardest arguements to refute.
- Don’t listen when upset.
- Don’t write when upset.
- Silence is the best weapon: use it.
- It is in quiet environment that our best ideas come.
Art of listening:
We have two ears and one mouth.
Listening is connecting
It is paying attention to nonverbal cues. Listen to the sound of silence.
Communication is 80 % listening and enquiring, and 20% speaking.
Dont simply hear, listen.
Stay focused, where your eyes go your attention follows.
Talking more than listening closes your ears and your mind.
Listening is antithesis of multitasking.
Listen to educate your intution.
Courage is to stand up and speak, courage is also to sit and listen.
Listen to create a culture of candor.
Listen, learn and then lead-in that order.
Make it safe for others to tell you the truth.
If you want the truth, welcome the truth. this goes for both bad news and differing opinions.
Listen to what you dont want to hear. feedback that is critical or negative is the gift that leaders dont receive enough.
Listen to the sound of silence.
Unless you are self aware you cannot listen with your ears, your mind and your eyes.
Listening reqires both patience and time, it means creating pauses by exploring, but not scrutinizing. Dont rush to explain.
Listening is discovering what has not been said before.
Listening is not hearing; it is comprehension of what is said.
Listen to educate your intution.
Listen first, solve second.
Communication is art in which you seek first to underststand what others think.